Favourite Books

  • The Green Mile
  • Animal Farm
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Rings
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Facebook

Ahhh Facebook! A place where one learns who they are. A place where the weak dare not enter.A place that can harass,. bully, and spew vileness, in the form of righteousness. Facebook is the trendiest place around..human rights change daily. Social injustice is dealt with with an iron fist. Labels are placed quickly, without investigation, or, indeed consideration. No, do not post your feelings or beliefs on this platform, unless you have a strong backbone, and hold your personal opinions tightly. Sure, post kittens, and ducks, and smilie faces..but under no circumstances type anything that brushes on politics or religion, clearly Facebook is a place for only cotton candy, not hard rock toffee.
  Don't get me wrong..I enjoy Facebook. I enjoy the cotton candy parts, and I also enjoy the hard rock toffee. I suppose it is because deep down inside, I love a good debate. I love debates, but to do so verbally, I am at a loss, I tend to go off track (O.K. I tend to do that at all times), but written debates, allow for Google time to back up one's opinions, and I do love Google. It is so much easier than grabbing an encyclopedia, or rifling through magazines and newspapers. So..now one is provided with instant access to all facts, which makes debating far easier.
  However, one thing facts do not do, is form opinions, those are done by the folks reading the facts. Opinions are formed all through life. I opened my Mathematics book back in school, and formed an instant opinion, I was never going to enjoy this subject, and surprise..I didn't, and haven't. I opened a history book, and instantly I formed another opinion..this was great stuff, and I loved it..and yes..I still do!
 Lots of facts..and if I find something that tweaks my interest, I will do my best to follow those facts. I am not foolish enough to focus on one set of facts, because often even facts are coated in a smigeon of personal opinion, so it is best to check out as many facts as one can, so..one can indeed form their own opinion, not based on another's take.
  O.K. I have admitted in the past, often I judge a book by it's cover. But, see, no matter how much grief I get from those who surround me, on my instant judgement of people I meet, I am pretty much spot on with my gut instinct. Yes, I know it bothers them when time proves me right, but I have no control over instinct, and I have been proven wrong only once..or maybe twice. Judgement of folks I meet does not go on Facebook. That would be foolish, and far too personal. I have few facts to base that on, besides my own feelings, so I keep them within my tiny circle.That is as far as judging by covers I go, and in truth, that is about the only part of life I do not research facts on.Can't really google gut feelings, can one?
  What has changed my life is, the sudden reality that according to facebook, I have become somewhat of a radical. F*ck I didn't see that coming. Most of my life I have been a stick in the mud. I follow all the laws, I believe in the Golden Rule, I trust Karma (no matter how slowly it moves) and I believe who a person is, has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of their skin, their religion, or their sexuality. Why do I believe this? Because in my itty bitty tiny circle of dear close friends, I have my own melting pot, or is it mosaic?So...those who paint me with the brush of unacceptance..kiss my A$$!! I don't give a poop what one believes, as long as it does not become a focus on friendship, which it has not, it doesn't bloody well matter! I believe in equal rights for ALL! And when I say equal..I damn well mean that!! Nothing pisses me off more than having to witness specific individuals singled out for special rights, while others are left to the side.You know why that bothers me? Because it is just plain mean!
  I remember elementary school..I remember when teams were picked, and I also remember how it felt to be the last..or even the second to last chosen, because I was not the greatest sportsperson..But hey, a spelling competition, I didn't sit long..But still, one remembers the feeling of being unwanted..it stays a lifetime.So, to assume I do not have compassion for fellow human beings, is untrue. Sure go ahead..tell me this is nothing like what is happening in my country right now..well..remember..opinions are based on facts..and the kindness or lack thereof I have been informed I do not possess, was formed over time, and experience. I was raised by a very kind generous woman, who once gave away my living room furniture to a new family..fine she in turn gave me hers, but, she had a huge heart..and..yes, she had a mouth...just like I do, but that did not make her unkind!
  Disagreeing with the majority, or perhaps it is not truly the majority, instead the trends, does not make a person bad. I just cannot get Animal Farm out of my mind at this time. When a population is told they MUST accept a specific mindset, or they will be branded as haters and selfish and racist..words that have been thrown about so much more in the past few years than ever during civil rights ..something is wrong.
  When rules do not apply to all, and a country is told they should be kind and allow a specific group to flaunt the rules, because it is the kind thing to do...WTF?? No!!! It is not the kind thing to do, it is the wrong thing to do. I listened to people stating how these new refugees were fleeing war torn countries, and to have compassion. Now they are pulling up at borders in taxis, and pushing their infants through snow in strollers to cross over into the promised land. Jesus Murphy folks..we do not live in a third world (yet) we are not at war, they no longer have to worry about a bomb dropping on them, or a coup, they do not have to wade through 4 feet of snow, in fear for their lives...They have simply decided they have a better chance in a country that clearly opens the door to all, without question.
  Here it comes the question of clarity..and surprise, I know the answer...if this was an American family, would they indeed get the same treatment as those "refugees"? If a Canadian decided they were going to take their toddlers by the hand and waltz across the Peace Arch crossing without going through the proper procedures, would they get the same treatment? Of course not!! That is just a stupid question..so why is what's happening now acceptable? Why are these people somehow different? Because they are refugees? Well..we all know that our government has put a sh*tload of time, money and effort into this issue, I suppose I should indeed research how much the United States has doled out, and for some reason, that wasn't good enough!!
  A influx of refugees that suddenly want more than they have received, what they have been offered in one place is not quite up to par, they decided they want something else. Well..for all those who shove the fact that most everyone in these countries was at one time an immigrant..I accept that fact! However, as one who enjoys history, I also know those immigrants either stayed with family who came before, or..yes....found their own way in the country that accepted them! They found their own way..they did not get hand outs, they did not get healthcare, they did not have a big open arm welcome from the Sally Ann or the local government..they were simply offered a space in a country, and so..to harp that now suddenly we are to open the doors and our hearts to a new type of immigrant, that arrives to a gift box and support, and remember this is where our ancestors began..is not fact!! Our ancestors came and accepted the gift of a place, and a way of life, one with different laws, and rules from their "home" country. They chose to come here, because of those rules and laws, and rights and freedoms....
  Perhaps that is the difference here? Perhaps it was the matter of choice? Perhaps after the initial realization that they are now far from war, and safe, they decided they didn't like the country that had allowed them a place? Well..if so, then it is past time to stop the  hand out, special rights to these folks..It is time for them to sit down and follow the rules same as everyone else.
  As for me..I really don't give a crap if they are tanned or not..so for those who throw bloody White privilege in my face..give it a break..because trust me..you don't know my life story, so you don't have a right to assume I have been privileged! For those who throw the Christian history, and horrors at me, stop...the bible was written by the same people who lived back in the time of sacrifices and stonings..none of which I condone. I believe in what I feel is mine..not someone else's , and besides a few blurbs on here, I keep my own to myself. I do not ask special privilege for my religion (except to keep it) I do not ask the world to change one iota because a personal belief does not need anything physical.
  I use the term Christian to describe my belief, because that is the closest I have found that fits. But, a book is not what I base my life on. I mentioned Karma..won't find that in the bible..that's a whole other religion..but it is part of my belief. I believe in reincarnation oops..think that is mixed up with some other religions as well.and yes....Christianity has it's own. So..why have I gone off on this tangent? Because like everything else, I have used facts and experience to even base my religion on, I did not simply accept something I was told that I must take as fact!
  So..it is clear I am not one to simply go with the flow, because it is Trendy. I don't care if I am not with the in crowd. I will argue with anyone who labels me as a hater or unkind, because I question. Without questions one stops learning, and that is not something humanity can afford. To silence those who do not agree, is indeed removing a privilege offered to each and everyone of us. To put the words racist, and hater, and unkind on one who only wants answers to questions that are acceptable for some and not others, is wrong on all counts. Special consideration is, in almost all cases, wrong!! We will never have equality, or a world without discrimination until the same rules apply to all!!
  So..again..I totally understand before I put up a post on Facebook what may occur..I know my opinion may incite another to spew venom my way. I know that as  well, when I hit the publish key for this very blog, I am opening up yet another can of worms..but I am ready for the worms..I like worms..and I stand by my personal opinions, because they have taken a lifetime to form, and I know I don't hate, without reason (yes, I admit I do carry that in aspects of my life) I know I have more than my share of kindness I show the world, and I know that I love people , who are not White "Privileged", heterosexual females, ooops forgot..Christian females such as myself. So stick it up where the sun don't shine..you don't know me, any more than you know those people crossing the borders...perhaps you are a tad "Biased"?

No comments:

Post a Comment