Favourite Books

  • The Green Mile
  • Animal Farm
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Rings
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Saturday 25 February 2012

Helllooo all those waiting with bated breath for the next installment. Were you worried I had hit a writer's block? Hah!! Just have so much to say, and not sure where to start. Yes, it is clear, I have not changed much over the years, mouth is constantly moving, flitting from one thing to the next without a pause, and making absolutely no sense of anything. So those who can sit back and read through my drivel, either have the patience of Saints, or have grown accustomed to my insanity. You read this, because you feel obligated (as friends) or enjoy torturing yourselves. You know why you click in.....
  So, what do I go on about this time. I thought perhaps I would simply give hints (or previews) of future tales from the toilet scrubbers. I am just going to give you some character names, that will be described in much more detail, as we go deeper into the inner sanctum. You can try and imagine what story goes with the name. In some cases, it will be an easy matter to figure the story behind the name, others, not so easy.
  Now I will go waaay back to the beginning of my introduction to Housekeeping, with the character, Toe Nail man..I wonder, will you figure this guy out...hummm..doubtful. Then we have Vaseline Man (hey, you can guess most of this, but it has a twist). There is Princess Kiss my Ass (one of the least beloved) Skidmore, a few Parmesan Cheese guys, the Amazon, the Seal, Doily Lady, Doigie (and his Mrs.) Zestie, the Stair dweller, and the ever famous Frying Pan Fracers (This one will knock your socks off) .
  This job requires a large amount of humour, many days, the nicknames are our way of making light of some pretty nasty guests, and most of these characters would stay long term, so we had to develop an ability to cope.
  We used to think we could speak freely at our little "Staff" table early in the morning, but learned the hard way, our voices do carry. Our mornings start with a list of hotel guests, rooms X'ed that are strips, and then we have our own little list of weeklies, and the normal cleans. For a short while, we would read guest names out loud, and laugh at the ones we found funny, until the morning Mr. Pigg stayed with us. Yep, that name just stood out, could not resist it, and of course, along with Pigg came the name Arnold, we decided that would be the man's first name. Oh the two of us, sitting there, killing ourselves laughing, when suddenly, from a table across the room, came a very polite voice, saying......Good morning Ladies, I AM Arnold Pigg"! Thank goodness, it was likely not the first time he had dealt with the burden of his name, and he was so very nice...Heaven forbid he was a hulking, miserable Pigg, we lucked out that time. Most times, we try and remember our Pigg episode, but I have to admit, one of the nicest men I have ever met, and had the pleasure of knowing as a friend, was also the brunt of our morning chuckle, his last name was Beaver....Hey, I know that most people I grew up with would never have let that one slide.
  So, stay tuned, we will slowly but surely deal with the above characters. I think you should all be aware of who is out there, and be thankful, like me, you are "Normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment